Procedure to follow for volunteering in French Classroom
1. Go to the informational meeting which is held during the 1st and 10th week of class.
2. Register for the class at the meeting.
3. If you would like to work for the 4J school district, you must fill out a Criminal Background Check form on the following website: http://www.4j.lane.edu/volunteers/volunteerbackgroundchecks/ It takes 4-5 to process so it is a good idea to do it now.
4. Contact the teacher below and present yourself as a bilingual volunteer with the PLE program at the University of Oregon. Set up a time to meet with him/her.
5. Fill out the U of O PLE agreement form and have the teacher and you sign it. Make sure to record your hours of work and have your employer sign the time sheet.
- Charlemagne at Fox Hollow French Immersion School: 3875 Kincaid Street, Eugene, OR 97405
Description: Duties include helping students in kindergarten to 2nd grade. one on one or in small groups, with French reading or writing. If preferred, you may start by observing the classroom.
French Spoken: Lots
Time: M-Th 8:05am-2:45pm, F 8:05-11:20am
Requirement: Strong level of French
Contact: Sara Roadman, firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-250-2946
- Eugene International High School (South H.S)
Contact: Jennifer Diallo at email@example.com or 541-790-8030